Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Studies about Red Bull Showed Worrying Results

As I go over the Internet today, I was shocked to read about Red Bull. The fact is that when I used to have my shift at work on a graveyard for almost two years, I depended on this energy drink to stay awake. I actually had so many rituals at the time. I used Red Bull like my vitamins. During breaks, I’d still drink coffee or soda. I just wanted to stay awake. But now that I am going over this, I am thinking like, was I trying to kill myself back then?

Oh no, really now, I was just really trying to stay awake. Now this controversy about Red Bull will worry people just like me. And what this is all about? Red Bull, created by Dietrich Mateschitz, an entrepreneur in Austria in 1980, based on a Thai energy drink.

The study was conducted by Scott Willoughby. He is the lead researcher at the Cardiovascular Centre, Royal Adelaide Hospital. He told an Australian newspaper about the conclusion. Willoughby’s team had 30 young adults whom they tested the cardiovascular systems one hour before and then one hour after drinking a 250 ml can of Red Bull that is sugar-free.

The results showed that after taking in the drink, normal people actually develop warning signs that can be linked to cardiovascular disease. Actually, this energy drink is already banned in different countries such as in Norway, Denmark and Uruguay. The reason for this ban was the ingredients that are listed on the cans of Red Bull.

To the company’s defense, Linda Rychter, its spokeswoman in Australia said that the report that came out will be looked into and assessed by their head office in Austria. One can of Red Bull has 80 mg of caffeine. For such fact, Rychter said that the effects that were found are similar to the effects of drinking one cup of coffee. So that would still be considered as part of the physiological range that is normal.

This study is worth the budget that one could allocate to commercial printing and other types of ad mediums. This is due to the fact that the product is being sold in so many parts of the world. And many people will be affected by such news.

Come on guys, my heart is palpitating right now. But this doesn’t have anything to do with my previous Red Bull addiction. I just really want to know what is the real score behind this all. Should this product be banned or is it still safe to drink this after all?

No comments:

=) Thank You for Visiting tSiSmoSa! (=